If you would like to receive updates on local events and information, please add yourself to our mailing list.
*These positions have been closed but any additional opportunities will be posted here.
•These positions are a unique opportunity for parents to use their experiences to work on short term projects this fall and provide feedback on other aspects of programming.
•Several Parent Advisors will be hired throughout our region for short term opportunities through the end of 2022.
•Some will engage in a clearly identified projects that address needed support for families.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist with the development of content and materials produced by the Northern Regional Center for families.
- Attend 3 regional meetings between September-December to provide input with other parents/caregivers on Northern Regional Center programs and services.
- Support the planning of regional events for families including providing input beforehand, promoting the events, and assisting at the events.
- Provide feedback on information produced by the Northern Regional Center including social media posts, website content, and other materials prepared for families.
- Explore an issue that effects families of children with disabilities and develop resources to address this.
- Promote the events of the Northern Regional Center through a media outreach plan
- Identify new resources and follow up on sharing them to interested parties in multiple formats.
- Perform related work, including documentation of work performed, as required.
- Thursday, June 9, 2022
- 12 Noon-2:30 PM
- Frank B. Koller Memorial Library
- 5761 US-51 Manitowish Waters, WI 54545
- Friday, June 17, 2022
- 12 Noon-2:30 PM
- Mercer Public Library
- 2648 Margaret St, Mercer, WI 54547
- Get to know the services of the Northern Regional Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Make a Care Binder to organize your child’s medical and school information to help keep track of information from multiple specialists and therapies
- Provide feedback on what trainings the Regional Center should offer locally
- Tell us about the assets and resources in your area
- Pick up Fact Sheets from Family Voices and booklets on various disabilities
- Activities available for kids, including making fidgets while parents chat
No need to RSVP, but if you need specific resources, contact us so we make sure to bring them.
We are still adding content and would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions via the survey below. Or feel free to send us a note via the Contact Us page to let us know what you think! Also, please visit our Facebook page and “Like” us to stay up to date!
Your Input is Valuable- please fill out our survey regarding Family, Youth, and Community Engagement here.
Parents Sought for Ongoing Feedback
The Northern Regional Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Center is looking for feedback from families through Parent Advisory Councils. We want parents to let us know what is working and what is not. We also would appreciate suggestions on additional trainings and programs. Additionally, these meetings will be an avenue for staff to provide updates on projects that we are developing.
We are looking for:
- Parents/ primary caregivers of children with special health care needs and/or disabilities under age 22
- Live in the 15 counties that are a part of the Northern Regional Center services area. 3 separate Parent Advisory Councils will be set up so that travel will be minimized. These three areas are divided up by color in the map below.
- Are willing to provide feedback and suggestions on CYSHCN supports and services
We will hold these meetings twice a year on a weekday evening with a phone/ video conference option as well. Dinner will be provided and parents can receive a gas card for mileage reimbursement if needed.
If you are interested in participating or want more information, contact Allison Lourash at 715-261-1906 or via email at Allison.email@example.com.