Local family support groups can be a great way to learn about how to access needed services for your child. Contact us for a listing
- ABC for Health is a CYSHCN network partner that can assist with determining eligibility for Medicaid (Badgercare) and other programs. You can connect with them at: www.safetyweb.org/referrals.html
- CLTS: Wisconsin’s Medicaid waiver program for Children who meet financial and functional eligibility. Eligible children include those with developmental disabilities, severe emotional disturbances, and physical disabilities. Funding can be used to support a range of different services based on an assessment of the needs of the child and his or her family. A list of who to contact to enroll in CLTS is found here: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/clts/contact.htm
- CCS: Comprehensive Community Services is a community mental health and AODA (Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse) program providing psychosocial rehabilitation to children and adults with mental illness, substance abuse, or co-occurring diagnosis. You can contact enroll by contacting the agency for your county here: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/areaadmin/hsd-programs.htm
- Katie Beckett: Children who are not eligible for other Medicaid programs because the income or assets of their parents are too high may be eligible for Medicaid through the Katie Beckett Program. A child may be eligible for this source of Medicaid even if they are currently covered under a private health insurance policy. A list of Katie Beckett consultants to contact is found on the DHS website: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/kbp/consultants.htm
- WisTech and WisLoan Programs/Assistive Technology/Durable Medical Equipment information can be found at www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disabilities/wistech/index.htm
- Children’s Miracle Network: a list of hospitals that are part of the network can be found here: childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/
- Social Security: Children with significant disabilities may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Social Security has a “Starter Kit” available for families here.