We are hiring for 2 Resource Guides
Update: the deadline has passed to apply. Stay tuned to meet our new Resource Guides
The Northern Regional Center for Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN), within the Marathon County Health Department, has two, part-time opportunities to join our team. Resource Guides help families and stakeholders in a multi-county area to support children with special health care needs/ disabilities access services and supports. Note, these positions do not need to be located within Marathon County.
- Resource Guides will be located with a community partner and/or their home.
- Hours will be approximately 15-20 hours per week and will vary based on need, with some set times to participate in community meetings and other times flexible. Evenings and weekends during peak fall and spring times to support trainings and outreach events are needed.
- Travel will occur throughout the region for community meetings. Some travel outside of the area to state and regional meetings/conferences will occur on occasion.
We want to hear from you! Parent Network meetings are an opportunity get feedback from families. This helps improve our programs and tailor them to meet families’ needs. And new ideas are welcome as well!
- Monday, May 22 at 6:30 PM
- Thursday, May 25 at 12 noon
No RSVP needed. You can join via Zoom by phone or video:
• To join via video: zoom.us/j/7549091421 (If you join the video conference and have trouble with audio or low internet bandwith, you can also join by phone but stay on the video as well.)
• To join by phone, dial one of these numbers: 1-646-876-9923 or 1-669-900-6833. Enter the Meeting ID when prompted- 7549091421 and #(pound), then # again when prompted for a participant ID
• Or use “One tap mobile” on your smart phone by just entering the following (including commas): 16468769923,,7549091421#,,#
We are inviting:
- Parents/ primary caregivers of children with special health care needs and/or disabilities under age 22
- Who live in the 15 counties that are a part of the Northern Regional Center services area (map below).
- And are willing to provide feedback and suggestions on CYSHCN supports and services
Here is a list of upcoming conferences and training. If a child receives CLTS, parents may utilize funds for training from the Children’s Long Term Support waiver by contacting their county Support and Service Coordinator. Many conferences also offer parent scholarships and we can also assist you in getting to these important events through scholarships for hotel and mileage. Give us a call at 715-261-1906 or email email@example.com.
- Transition Trainings- we are planning several transition trainings in person in the fall from our partners at the Youth Health Transition Initiative
- Build Your Bridge: Moving from Child to Adult Health Care: Introduce and discuss when to start thinking about health care transition to adult care providers as well as offers helpful tools and resources.
- Bridging the Gap: An overview of youth health transition with information tailored to different, mixed audiences (e.g., parents, teachers, nurses, etc.).
- Dreaming Differently: To meet the needs of a unique audience, the “Build Your Bridge” curriculum has been adapted for families who are raising children with significant intellectual or developmental disabilities and medical complexity.
- Trainings with Katie Berg through your local CESA
- The Supporting Neurodiverse Students (SNS) Professional Learning System provides learning opportunities with a focus on regulation, social communication, flexibility, resilience, sensory processing, and executive functioning. It includes regional training sessions, virtual trainings, and virtual cohorts to support educators and families serving students with disability-related needs in the area of social and emotional learning.
- Virtual and In Person opportunities listed here
Saturday, October 8, 2022
9 AM- 12 Noon
Light Breakfast/ Snacks provided
Come learn about the parts of IEP process including the referral process, evaluations, writing the IEP, and revising the IEP. Bring your child’s IEP with you and there will time to also ask questions.
Provided in small groups via zoom by Nelsinia Ramos from WI FACETS:
- Ashland, Northland Technical College Conference Room 306
- Rhinelander, Quality Inn
- Stevens Point, Midstate Independent Living Choices
- Wausau, Northcentral Technical College