January Parent Network Discussion: Caregivers/Respite
Parents and caregivers have always struggled to find respite and other supports for children with disabilities. With the current caregiver shortage and Covid-19 this has become worse. Some parents have created unique situations or workarounds to find caregivers. Come share your ideas as well as learn from others.
Join us via Zoom
- Tuesday, January 11, 2022, at 6 PM
- Thursday, January 20, 2022, at 12 Noon
- Saturday, January 29, 2022, at 8:30 AM
If you have questions or want more information, contact Allison at 715-261-1906 or via email at Allison.email@example.com.
CYSHCN Parent Network Flyer Jan 2022.
About our Parent Network
The Northern Regional Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Center is looking for feedback from families through a Parent Network.
- Hear from the many great parent leaders in our area who have valuable information.
- An opportunity to network with each other.
- Let us know what is working and what is not. Provide us feedback on how best to help families
Here is a list of upcoming conferences and training. If a child receives CLTS, parents may utilize funds for training from the Children’s Long Term Support waiver by contacting their county Support and Service Coordinator. Many conferences also offer parent scholarships and we can also assist you in getting to these important events through scholarships for hotel and mileage. Give us a call at 715-261-1906.
What’s After High School- from our partners at Family Voices of Wisconsin
A broad overview of the transition to adult life for youth with disabilities and special health care needs. Includes: envisioning a youth’s future; post-secondary concerns; long-term supports; transitioning to adult health care; legal considerations; and supported decision making. A resource list for the training is here.
Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 7 PM
Registration from anywhere in Wisconsin here. Information including the Zoom link will be emailed to you before the training. Please call us at 715-261-1906 if you need to register on the day of the training.
Making the Most of Your Child’s Telehealth Visits
Are You Tele-Ready? is a training to get families comfortable with telehealth visits. We will cover:
• Getting connected
• What you’ll need to “see” the provider
• Steps to take to get ready and tools to help make your visit successful
• Advocating for the best telehealth visits for your child
• Resources to help find low-cost devices and Internet services
When: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 11:30 – 12:30
Where: Join the session using your computer, iPad or smartphone. We’ll be using Zoom video conferencing or listen using your phone.
Register at: marathonwi.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5jyDwMpB3OyLAwe
After registering, you’ll get a Zoom link and phone number to participate.
Questions: Email Allison at Allison.Lourash@co.marathon.wi.us
4-6-21 Telehealth Training Flyer
Information from previous sessions
- Feb 24 at 12:30 PM: Updates from the Northern Regional Center- learn about our favorite new resources. Recording available here: youtu.be/mpOjlOTUbO0
- March 10 at 7 PM: Scholl Community Impact Group and Camp Awesum: Learn about the equine programs and other opportunities available in Winchester, WI as well as Camp Awesum Family Camp this summer. An abbreviated recording is here: youtu.be/XLoEUTI2Mx0. Information on camps is also available here.
- May 26 at 12:30: Come learn about 4-H groups in your area and how they include children with disabilities. The video discusses 4-H as well as camps youtu.be/EMgZCwYYYV4
- March 24 at 12:30 PM How to Conference: attending a conference or training for the first time can be intimidating. Come learn more about attending conferences as a parent, what to expect, and how to make the most of the time. We will also share upcoming opportunities and funding available to attend educational events to support your children. View at: youtu.be/NhXN5OCTbzM
- April 8 at 7 PM: What programs are available to help pay for technology and telecommunications? Come learn more about “TEPP”, TAP, and Lifeline programs. Info on the ABC for Health website: safetyweb.org/healthwatchwi/TLC.html
- April 28: Child Psychiatry Consultation Program: youtu.be/FD6icX8zByI There is also a handout with more information here.