- The Autism Society of Central WI is a local group in central and Northern WI supporting individuals and families affected by Autism. They offer parent support group meetings and social activities, in addition to many other special events throughout the year. They can be reached at email@example.com.
- Central Wisconsin Autism Support: meets in Stevens Point and has an active Facebook group. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Taylor Co Autism Support Group: www.facebook.com/taylorcountyautismsupportgroup/
- Sawyer Co Connecting Families Support Group
- The Regional Center maintains a list of information for families on providers who provide autism-related therapies as well as other professionals. We can provide information on what insurance they accept, waiting lists, etc to save you time in making many calls.
- The Autism Society of Wisconsin also has lists of providers and more information here.
- If your child has a Forward Card (BadgercarePlus, Medicaid) information on the behavioral health treatment benefit is here.
Statewide and Regional Resources
- Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin: Local and statewide training, lists of assessment and testing centers.
- Waisman Center – Wisconsin Connections – Resources on ASD/DD provides resources for parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder or Developmental Disabilities
- The Waisman Center has many recordings of the Community of Practice on Autism Spectrum Disorders and their “Day with the Experts” series on YouTube
- FAQ on Wisconsin’s Autism Mandate for Insurance FAQ: oci.wi.gov/Documents/Consumers/PI-234.pdf
National Best Practices
- What is Autism Spectrum Disorder? A booklet from the National Institute of Health www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/autism-spectrum-disorder/index.shtml