- The Autism Society of Central WI is a local group in central and Northern WI supporting individuals and families affected by Autism. They offer parent support group meetings the first Thursday of every month. They also offer both adult and tweener social activities, in addition to many other special events throughout the year. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Wisconsin Autism Support: meets in Stevens Point and has an active Facebook group. Contact them at email@example.com.
- Taylor Co Autism Support Group: www.facebook.com/taylorcountyautismsupportgroup/
- Sawyer Co Connecting Families Support Group
Local Therapy Providers
- The Regional Center maintains a list of information for families on providers who provide autism-related therapies. This information can be found on the Therapy and Related Services Provdiders Page.
- If you are a provider wanting to update your information, please go here: goo.gl/forms/s8xKs4RfIIRry5003
- If your child has a Forward Card (BadgercarePlus, Medicaid) here is information on www.forwardhealth.wi.gov/WIPortal/Subsystem/KW/Print.aspx?ia=1&p=1&sa=130&s=2&c=61&nt=
Statewide and Regional Resources
- Autism Society of Greater Wisconsin: Local and statewide training, lists of assessment and testing centers.
- Waisman Center – Wisconsin Connections – Resources on ASD/DD provides resources for parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder or Developmental Disabilities Community of Practice on Autism Spectrum Disorders
- DPI and DHS developed joint guidance on providing behavioral treatment for school-age children, covering such issues as school absences and treatment in the school setting. This guidance document clarifies the responsibilities under both the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and federal Medicaid law, and highlights important considerations for both school districts and behavioral treatment providers. Joint Guidance dpi.wi.gov/sites/default/files/imce/sped/pdf/DPI-and-DHS-Joint-Guidance.pdf
- Wisconsin’s Autism Mandate for Insurance: oci.wi.gov/Documents/Consumers/PI-234.pdf
National Best Practices
- What is Autism Spectrum Disorder? A booklet from the National Institute of Health www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/autism-spectrum-disorder/index.shtml