We are hiring for 2 Resource Guides
Update: the deadline has passed to apply. Stay tuned to meet our new Resource Guides
The Northern Regional Center for Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN), within the Marathon County Health Department, has two, part-time opportunities to join our team. Resource Guides help families and stakeholders in a multi-county area to support children with special health care needs/ disabilities access services and supports. Note, these positions do not need to be located within Marathon County.
- Resource Guides will be located with a community partner and/or their home.
- Hours will be approximately 15-20 hours per week and will vary based on need, with some set times to participate in community meetings and other times flexible. Evenings and weekends during peak fall and spring times to support trainings and outreach events are needed.
- Travel will occur throughout the region for community meetings. Some travel outside of the area to state and regional meetings/conferences will occur on occasion.
We want to hear from you! Parent Network meetings are an opportunity get feedback from families. This helps improve our programs and tailor them to meet families’ needs. And new ideas are welcome as well!
- Monday, May 22 at 6:30 PM
- Thursday, May 25 at 12 noon
No RSVP needed. You can join via Zoom by phone or video:
• To join via video: zoom.us/j/7549091421 (If you join the video conference and have trouble with audio or low internet bandwith, you can also join by phone but stay on the video as well.)
• To join by phone, dial one of these numbers: 1-646-876-9923 or 1-669-900-6833. Enter the Meeting ID when prompted- 7549091421 and #(pound), then # again when prompted for a participant ID
• Or use “One tap mobile” on your smart phone by just entering the following (including commas): 16468769923,,7549091421#,,#
We are inviting:
- Parents/ primary caregivers of children with special health care needs and/or disabilities under age 22
- Who live in the 15 counties that are a part of the Northern Regional Center services area (map below).
- And are willing to provide feedback and suggestions on CYSHCN supports and services
Saturday, September 17, 2022
9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Northwood Technical College Conference Center, Ashland, WI (use parking lot on far south side and enter in through door S4)
Sharing Circles– informal conversations throughout the day
• Practicing good Self-Care for parents
• What resources and tools are available to keep my child safe?
• How does my family access different services and supports?
• Parenting support/ raising grandchildren
• How do I best make use of therapy supports for my child?
• 10:00 AM Build Your Bridge: Introduce and discuss when to start thinking about health care transition to adult care providers as well as offers helpful tools and resources.
• 11:30 AM Did You Know? Now You Know!: explains resources and services for children with disabilities and special health care needs from birth through young adulthood. Topics include: Medicaid, Children’s Long-Term Supports, prior authorizations and appealing a Medicaid denial, respite, partnering with your doctor, and more.
• 1:00 PM Caring for the Whole Family: Tips and guidance from parents for parents of children with special health care needs/disabilities
• Resource Tables and demonstration booths from local organizations
• Asset Mapping- share what assets are in your community and learn the gifts of your neighbors
• Build a Care Notebook: a way to organize school information, medical records, and other important information to share with others.
• Kids Activties: coloring pages, stickers, make your own fidget, and others activities
Help us plan by filling at this brief form- you do not need to RSVP to attend.
Family Support Summit Ashland Flyer