Saturday, September 17, 2022
9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Northwood Technical College Conference Center, Ashland, WI (use parking lot on far south side and enter in through door S4)
Sharing Circles– informal conversations throughout the day
• Practicing good Self-Care for parents
• What resources and tools are available to keep my child safe?
• How does my family access different services and supports?
• Parenting support/ raising grandchildren
• How do I best make use of therapy supports for my child?
• 10:00 AM Build Your Bridge: Introduce and discuss when to start thinking about health care transition to adult care providers as well as offers helpful tools and resources.
• 11:30 AM Did You Know? Now You Know!: explains resources and services for children with disabilities and special health care needs from birth through young adulthood. Topics include: Medicaid, Children’s Long-Term Supports, prior authorizations and appealing a Medicaid denial, respite, partnering with your doctor, and more.
• 1:00 PM Caring for the Whole Family: Tips and guidance from parents for parents of children with special health care needs/disabilities
• Resource Tables and demonstration booths from local organizations
• Asset Mapping- share what assets are in your community and learn the gifts of your neighbors
• Build a Care Notebook: a way to organize school information, medical records, and other important information to share with others.
• Kids Activties: coloring pages, stickers, make your own fidget, and others activities
Help us plan by filling at this brief form- you do not need to RSVP to attend.