Connect and Share is an activity where Regional Center staff set up in a local library on a Sturday to offer families a time to drop-in to:
- Get to know the services of the Northern Regional Center for Children and Youth with
Special Health Care Needs
- Make a Care Binder to organize your child’s medical and school information as a way to help
track information from multiple specialists and therapies
- Provide feedback on what trainings the Regional Center should offer locally
- Help us map out resources in the area
- Pick up Fact Sheets from Family Voices and booklets on various disabilities
- Activities available for kids, including making fidgets while parents chat
When #SaferatHome was implemented we setup times for open conversation via Zoom in April to replace these but have discontinued them for right now. Feel free to contact us if you are interested in having a Connect and Share in your community once we are able to travel.
Your Input is Valuable- please fill out our survey regarding Family, Youth, and Community Engagement here.
Parents Sought for Ongoing Feedback
The Northern Regional Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Center is looking for feedback from families through Parent Advisory Councils. We want parents to let us know what is working and what is not. We also would appreciate suggestions on additional trainings and programs. Additionally, these meetings will be an avenue for staff to provide updates on projects that we are developing.
We are looking for:
- Parents/ primary caregivers of children with special health care needs and/or disabilities under age 22
- Live in the 15 counties that are a part of the Northern Regional Center services area. 3 separate Parent Advisory Councils will be set up so that travel will be minimized. These three areas are divided up by color in the map below.
- Are willing to provide feedback and suggestions on CYSHCN supports and services
We will hold these meetings twice a year on a weekday evening with a phone/ video conference option as well. Dinner will be provided and parents can receive a gas card for mileage reimbursement if needed.
If you are interested in participating or want more information, contact Allison Lourash at 715-261-1906 or via email at Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org.