What’s After High School- from our partners at Family Voices of Wisconsin
A broad overview of the transition to adult life for youth with disabilities and special health care needs. Includes: envisioning a youth’s future; post-secondary concerns; long-term supports; transitioning to adult health care; legal considerations; and supported decision making. A resource list for the training is here.
Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 7 PM
Registration from anywhere in Wisconsin here. Information including the Zoom link will be emailed to you before the training. Please call us at 715-261-1906 if you need to register on the day of the training.
Making the Most of Your Child’s Telehealth Visits
Are You Tele-Ready? is a training to get families comfortable with telehealth visits. We will cover:
• Getting connected
• What you’ll need to “see” the provider
• Steps to take to get ready and tools to help make your visit successful
• Advocating for the best telehealth visits for your child
• Resources to help find low-cost devices and Internet services
When: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 11:30 – 12:30
Where: Join the session using your computer, iPad or smartphone. We’ll be using Zoom video conferencing or listen using your phone.
Register at: marathonwi.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5jyDwMpB3OyLAwe
After registering, you’ll get a Zoom link and phone number to participate.
Questions: Email Allison at Allison.Lourash@co.marathon.wi.us
4-6-21 Telehealth Training Flyer
Join us for Connect & Share sessions that are informal opportunities for parents of children with special health care needs/ disabilities to get together. Each session will highlight a particular topic or theme with a 10-minute presentation that is recorded and then the rest of the time to chat amongst other parents.
4th Wednesday of the Month 12:30-1:30 PM ( Feb 24, March 24, April 28, May 26)
2nd Thursday of the Month 7-8 PM (March 11, April 8, May 13, June 10)
Rotating Themes and some of the topics to be scheduled:
- What’s Up in the Northwoods? Highlighting services and providers in rural areas.
- Feb 24 at 12:30 PM: Updates from the Northern Regional Center- learn about our favorite new resources. Recording available here: youtu.be/mpOjlOTUbO0
- March 10 at 7 PM: Scholl Community Impact Group and Camp Awesum: Learn about the equine programs and other opportunities available in Winchester, WI as well as Camp Awesum Family Camp this summer. An abbreviated recording is here: youtu.be/XLoEUTI2Mx0. Information on camps is also available here.
- May 26 at 12:30: Come learn about 4-H groups in your area and how they include children with disabilities.
- No One Gave us a Manual- How To’s for families navigating multiple systems and having to learn processes
- March 24 at 12:30 PM How to Conference: attending a conference or training for the first time can be intimidating. Come learn more about attending conferences as a parent, what to expect, and how to make the most of the time. We will also share upcoming opportunities and funding available to attend educational events to support your children. View at: youtu.be/NhXN5OCTbzM
- April 8 at 7 PM: What programs are available to help pay for technology and telecommunications? Come learn more about “TEPP”, TAP, and Lifeline programs. Info on the ABC for Health website: safetyweb.org/healthwatchwi/TLC.html
- Stump the Experts: What are families struggling with and who can help.
- April 28: Child Psychiatry Consultation Program
No Registration needed- you can log into Zoom by phone or video
- To join via video: zoom.us/j/7549091421 (If you join the video conference and have trouble with audio or have low bandwith you can also join by phone but stay on the video as well.)
- To join by phone, dial one of these numbers: 1-646-876-9923 or 1-669-900-6833. Enter the Meeting ID when prompted- 7549091421 and #(pound), then # again when prompted for a participant ID
- Or you can use “One tap mobile” on your smart phone by just entering the following: 16468769923,,7549091421#,,#