Open to all families with children with special health care needs/disabilities!
Family Support Summit Schedule
Sunday, October 23, 2022
11 AM-2PM (booths open at 10:30)
Waters of Minocqua- lower level conference rooms, South 8116, US-51, Minocqua, WI 54548 (activities in the waterpark are not part of the Summit)
Lunch from Minocqua Pizza Company will be served at 12 noon.
Mileage reimbursement available
Please contact us with any questions, need for accommodations, or to let us know you are coming-
Sharing Circles– parent led conversations
- Practicing good Self-Care for parents
- What resources and tools are available to keep my child safe?
- How does my family access different services and supports?
- Parenting support/ raising grandchildren
- How do I best make use of therapy supports for my child?
- 11:00 AM Mindfullness: Mindfulness is a skill to orient ourselves in the actual moment we are experiencing. We are also less reactive, stressed, and overwhelmed. This program will teach or remind you of why this is so practical and restorative. Taught through simple exercises, we will expand into uses in everyday life. Join Kathy Mitchell, who was a psychotherapist for over 40 years. She began practicing and teaching mindfulness and meditation 13 years ago and has offered programs on related topics throughout the community. In retirement, she continues to offer virtual, monthly Mindfulness programs and leads area meditation groups.
- 12:30 PM Bridging the Gap- This training from the Wisconsin Youth Health Transition Initative is an overview of youth health transition (to adult services and supports)
- Resource Tables and demonstration booths from local organizations
- Asset Mapping- share what assets are in your community and learn the gifts of your neighbors
- Build a Care Notebook: a way to organize school information, medical records, and other important information to share with others.
- Kids Activities: coloring pages, stickers, make your own fidget, and others activities
You do not need to RSVP, but you can fill out this form to help us with planning and to get updates.
This form is disabled.