Saturday, October 8, 2022
9 AM- 12 Noon
Light Breakfast or Snacks provided
Come learn about the parts of IEP process including the referral process, evaluations, writing the IEP, and revising the IEP. Bring your child’s IEP with you and there will time to also ask questions.
Provided in small groups via zoom by Nelsinia Ramos from WI FACETS:
- Ashland, Northland Technical College Conference Room 306
- Stevens Point, Midstate Independent Living Consultants
Please fill out this brief form. We will email you details closer to the date.
Saturday, September 17, 2022
9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Northwood Technical College Conference Center, Ashland, WI (use parking lot on far south side and enter in through door S4)
- Details will be posted soon on schedule but will include workshops, resource booths, demonstrations, food, kids activities
Help us plan by filling at this brief form- you do not need to RSVP.
•These positions are a unique opportunity for parents to use their experiences to work on short term projects this fall and provide feedback on other aspects of programming.
•Several Parent Advisors will be hired throughout our region for short term opportunities through the end of 2022.
•Some will engage in a clearly identified projects that address needed support for families.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist with the development of content and materials produced by the Northern Regional Center for families.
- Attend 3 regional meetings between September-December to provide input with other parents/caregivers on Northern Regional Center programs and services.
- Support the planning of regional events for families including providing input beforehand, promoting the events, and assisting at the events.
- Provide feedback on information produced by the Northern Regional Center including social media posts, website content, and other materials prepared for families.
- Explore an issue that effects families of children with disabilities and develop resources to address this.
- Promote the events of the Northern Regional Center through a media outreach plan
- Identify new resources and follow up on sharing them to interested parties in multiple formats.
- Perform related work, including documentation of work performed, as required.
Here is a list of upcoming conferences and training. If a child receives CLTS, parents may utilize funds for training from the Children’s Long Term Support waiver by contacting their county Support and Service Coordinator. Many conferences also offer parent scholarships and we can also assist you in getting to these important events through scholarships for hotel and mileage. Give us a call at 715-261-1906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trainings with Katie Berg through your local CESA
- The Supporting Neurodiverse Students (SNS) Professional Learning System provides learning opportunities with a focus on regulation, social communication, flexibility, resilience, sensory processing, and executive functioning. It includes regional training sessions, virtual trainings, and virtual cohorts to support educators and families serving students with disability-related needs in the area of social and emotional learning.
- Virtual and In Person opportunities listed here
- Children Come First Conference
- November 7-8, 2022
- Kalahari, Wisconsin Dells
Connecting with another parent who has a child with a similar specialized care need or diagnosis can be one of the most helpful resources a parent will have – it can help make their journey a little easier. Trainings prepare you to give support to another parent who is parenting a child with special health needs. Join Parent-to-Parent for our Support Parent Training and help us meet the increasing need for peer support. Trainings are through Zoom.
Wednesday, June 29th
Please RSVP by June 25th
Register at: P2P6-29-2022.eventbrite.com
This is a two hour training. Materials will be emailed ahead of time. The
Zoom link will be provided a few days before the event. There are pre
and post training requirements.
P2P Support Parent Training Flier June 2022
P2P Support Parent Training Flier July 2022
P2P Support Parent Training Flier August 2022