- Disability Rights Wisconsin: The Governor’s designated Protection and Advocacy agency for people with developmental disabilities and people with long term mental illness. The agency provides advocacy and makes referrals in cases where there has been a violation of rights in areas such as education, special needs programming, Medicare, and Medicaid.
- Great Lakes ADA Center: Regional Center tasked with providing information and assistance regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Independent Living Centers: Wisconsin’s 8 Independent Living Centers provide peer counseling, advocacy, transition support, independent living skills, as well as information and assistance.
- Advocacy and Benefits Counseling (ABC) for Health is a Wisconsin-based non-profit public interest law firm dedicated to ensuring health care access for children and families, particularly those wth special needs or who are at risk. ABC for Health’s mission is to provide health care consumers with the information, advocacy tools, legal service, and expert support they need to navigate through the complex and often confusing health care financing system. Referrals from the Regional Center for CYSHCN may help you get connected to ABC for Health if you are having any health care coverage issues.
- The Wisconsin Guardianship Support Center (GSC) is a statewide resource for information about guardianship-related issues and support decision making. The Wisconsin GSC answers questions about the law relating to the different types of guardianships and other assisted decision-making.
- Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities (BPDD) has a number of resources on their website regarding projects they support across the state around employment, supported decision making, transportation, voting, community living, and transportation.
Support with Educational Issues
- Wisconsin Statewide Parent Educator Initiative is a service for parents, educators, and others interested in parent-educator partnerships for children with disabilities.
- Wisconsin FACETS is a nonprofit organization serving Wisconsin children and adults with disabilities, their families and those who support them. FACETS was founded in 1995 by parents who believed that parents are the best advocates for their children.
- Fair Wisconsin Inc.
- Child Advocacy Centers of Wisconsin provide a safe, child-friendly environment where law enforcement, child protective services, prosecution, medical and mental health professionals may share information and develop effective, coordinated strategies sensitive to the needs of each unique case and child.
- Wisconsin Judicare is a non-profit law firm dedicated to providing equal access to justice for northern Wisconsin residents. Free legal services are provided to eligible individuals in a wide variety of civil law. Phone 715-842-1681.
- Lawyer Referral and Information Service The State Bar of Wisconsin provides information on legal services through online database or phone contact with a legal assistant. Phone 800-362-9082.