Virtual Autism Conference
The Autism Societies of Greater Wisconsin and Minnesota are pleased to announce a second year of partnership in combining both the Wisconsin and Minnesota annual state autism conferences to a virtual event in 2021. The virtual conference, “Inform, Influence, Innovate Together,” will be held online April 21-24, 2021, and will feature dozens of livestream breakout sessions, virtual exhibit booths, an autism resources bookstore, and Temple Grandin as a keynote speaker.
Conference website- www.autismgreaterwi.org/event-cal/31st-annual-conference/
Circles of Life Conference
May 6 and 7, 2021
Information coming soon to their website- www.circlesoflifeconference.com/
Connect and Share is an activity where Regional Center staff set up in a local library on a Sturday to offer families a time to drop-in to:
- Get to know the services of the Northern Regional Center for Children and Youth with
Special Health Care Needs
- Make a Care Binder to organize your child’s medical and school information as a way to help
track information from multiple specialists and therapies
- Provide feedback on what trainings the Regional Center should offer locally
- Help us map out resources in the area
- Pick up Fact Sheets from Family Voices and booklets on various disabilities
- Activities available for kids, including making fidgets while parents chat
When #SaferatHome was implemented we setup times for open conversation via Zoom in April to replace these but have discontinued them for right now. Feel free to contact us if you are interested in having a Connect and Share in your community once we are able to travel.