*These positions have been closed but any additional opportunities will be posted here.
•These positions are a unique opportunity for parents to use their experiences to work on short term projects this fall and provide feedback on other aspects of programming.
•Several Parent Advisors will be hired throughout our region for short term opportunities through the end of 2022.
•Some will engage in a clearly identified projects that address needed support for families.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist with the development of content and materials produced by the Northern Regional Center for families.
- Attend 3 regional meetings between September-December to provide input with other parents/caregivers on Northern Regional Center programs and services.
- Support the planning of regional events for families including providing input beforehand, promoting the events, and assisting at the events.
- Provide feedback on information produced by the Northern Regional Center including social media posts, website content, and other materials prepared for families.
- Explore an issue that effects families of children with disabilities and develop resources to address this.
- Promote the events of the Northern Regional Center through a media outreach plan
- Identify new resources and follow up on sharing them to interested parties in multiple formats.
- Perform related work, including documentation of work performed, as required.