- Department of Children and Families Early Childhood Inclusion: dcf.wisconsin.gov/youngstar/eci
- Powerpoint on Inclusion from CYSHCN presentation to Child Caring Fall 2018: Child Caring November 2018
- Family Voices: Finding Quality Childcare for a child with special needs
- A Thinking Guide to Inclusive Childcare: www.disabilityrightswi.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/A-Thinking-Guide-to-Inclusive-Childcare.pdf
- Visual Supports: csefel.vanderbilt.edu/modules/module3b/handout2.pdf
- Information from Wisconsin on Pyramid Model: www.collaboratingpartners.com/wi-pyramid-model/
Mindfulness – Exercises
Inclusive Schools – Icebreaker Activities
Americans with Disabilities Act and Access
Brains Aren’t Just Born, They’re Also Built
“Science tells us that the experiences we have in the first years of our lives actually affect the physical architecture of the developing brain. Everyone has a set of genes that provides cells with a basic blueprint for development and operations. But research shows that our genes are sensitive to experiences during certain periods of development.
Our earliest experiences with caregivers cause physical changes to the area surrounding each gene, influencing how brain structures are built. For example, the quality of the infant-caregiver relationship has an impact on the child’s emotional regulation and sensitivity to stress.” – From the Alberta Family Wellness Initiative.
Click here for an informative 4 minute video: How Brains are Built – The Core Story of Brain Development.
The Raising of America
“The Raising of America reframes the way we look at early child health and development. This ambitious documentary series and multimedia initiative by the producers of UNNATURAL CAUSES: Is Inequality Making Us Sick? explores how a strong start for all our kids leads not only to better individual life course outcomes (learning, earning and physical and mental health) but also to a healthier, safer, better educated and more prosperous and equitable America.
The Raising of America includes an hour-long documentary for public TV broadcast and video release, 6 shorter video learning modules, an online learning center and a national public engagement campaign.” – From raisingofamerica.org.