The following trainings from the Youth Health Transition Initiative offer similar content but are tailored for different audiences. Register for the one that best fits your situation. A 20-minute video to watch before the training is here.
- Build Your Bridge– for families to introduce and discuss when to start thinking about health care transition to adult care providers as well as offers helpful tools and resources. Flyer
- Saturday, October 16, 9-10 AM
- Bridging the Gap focused on Mental Health: An overview of youth health transition with information tailored to mixed audiences (e.g., parents, teachers, nurses, etc.) with focus on mental health concerns. Co-presented with the Western Regional Center. Flyer
- Thursday, October 28, 6-7 PM
What’s After High School?-from Family Voices of Wisconsin: A broad overview of the transition to adult life for youth with disabilities and special health care needs. Includes: envisioning a youth’s future; post-secondary concerns; long-term supports; transitioning to adult health care; legal considerations; and supported decision making. This is an abbreviated online version of the training for families to get their questions answered. Flyer
- Tuesday, November 2, 5- 6 PM. This will be an overview of the full in-person training which can also be viewed online here.
Registration for the trainings above is here. You will be sent the Zoom link after you register and a reminder closer to the training date. You can register up until the time of the training. Contact us if you have any other questions. 715-261-1906 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Did You Know? Now You Know! explains resources and services for children with disabilities and special health care needs from birth through young adulthood. Learn about programs and services available, health insurance options, parent supports, and other long-term supports for your child and family. Topics include: Medicaid, Children’s Long-Term Support programs, resources, respite, partnering with your doctor and more.
- Thursday, November 4, 6-7 PM. E-mail email@example.com or call 715-726-7907 to register.