Join us for Connect & Share sessions that are informal opportunities for parents of children with special health care needs/ disabilities to get together. Each session will highlight a particular topic or theme with a 10-minute presentation that is recorded and then the rest of the time to chat amongst other parents.
4th Wednesday of the Month 12:30-1:30 PM ( Feb 24, March 24, April 28, May 26)
2nd Thursday of the Month 7-8 PM (March 11, April 8, May 13, June 10)
Rotating Themes and some of the topics to be scheduled:
- What’s Up in the Northwoods? Highlighting services and providers in rural areas.
- Feb 24 at 12:30 PM: Updates from the Northern Regional Center- learn about our favorite new resources. Recording available here: youtu.be/mpOjlOTUbO0
- March 10 at 7 PM: Scholl Community Impact Group and Camp Awesum: Learn about the equine programs and other opportunities available in Winchester, WI as well as Camp Awesum Family Camp this summer. An abbreviated recording is here: youtu.be/XLoEUTI2Mx0. Information on camps is also available here.
- May 26 at 12:30: Come learn about 4-H groups in your area and how they include children with disabilities.
- No One Gave us a Manual- How To’s for families navigating multiple systems and having to learn processes
- March 24 at 12:30 PM How to Conference: attending a conference or training for the first time can be intimidating. Come learn more about attending conferences as a parent, what to expect, and how to make the most of the time. We will also share upcoming opportunities and funding available to attend educational events to support your children. View at: youtu.be/NhXN5OCTbzM
- April 8 at 7 PM: What programs are available to help pay for technology and telecommunications? Come learn more about “TEPP”, TAP, and Lifeline programs. Info on the ABC for Health website: safetyweb.org/healthwatchwi/TLC.html
- Stump the Experts: What are families struggling with and who can help.
- April 28: Child Psychiatry Consultation Program
No Registration needed- you can log into Zoom by phone or video
- To join via video: zoom.us/j/7549091421 (If you join the video conference and have trouble with audio or have low bandwith you can also join by phone but stay on the video as well.)
- To join by phone, dial one of these numbers: 1-646-876-9923 or 1-669-900-6833. Enter the Meeting ID when prompted- 7549091421 and #(pound), then # again when prompted for a participant ID
- Or you can use “One tap mobile” on your smart phone by just entering the following: 16468769923,,7549091421#,,#