Legal Assistance & Support

Legal SupportDo you have questions about your child’s rights? Having trouble getting health care access for your child? Please give us a call and we can assist you in figuring out which organization might be the right one for your situation.

  • Disability Rights Wisconsin: The Governor’s designated Protection and Advocacy agency for people with developmental disabilities and people with long term mental illness. The agency provides advocacy and makes referrals in cases where there has been a violation of rights in areas such as education, special needs programming, Medicare, and Medicaid.
  • The Wisconsin Guardianship Support Center (GSC) is a statewide resource for information about guardianship-related issues and support decision making. The Wisconsin GSC answers questions about the law relating to the different types of guardianships and other assisted decision-making.
  • Wisconsin Judicare is a non-profit law firm dedicated to providing equal access to justice for northern Wisconsin residents. Free legal services are provided to eligible individuals in a wide variety of civil law. Phone 715-842-1681.
  • Lawyer Referral and Information Service The State Bar of Wisconsin provides information on legal services through online database or phone contact with a legal assistant. Phone 800-362-9082.